On November 7, 2000, the United States held an election for the next President. The primary contenders were Vice President Al Gore (D) and Texas Governor George W. Bush (R).
This video includes CNN coverage of various events in the month of December 2000:
* December 1, 2000 — The U.S. Supreme Court hears Bush v. Palm Beach County Canvassing Board. 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM EST.
* December 4, 2000 — “The Florida Vote” Special coverage of the day’s events, including U.S. Supreme Court and Leon County (FL) Circuit Court rulings. 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST.
* December 8, 2000 — “The Florida Vote” Special coverage of the day’s events, including a Florida Supreme Court ruling that orders a manual count of the Miami-Dade County undervote. The Bush campaign appeals the ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court. 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST.
* December 9, 2000 — The five Republican-appointed members of the U.S. Supreme Court grant Bush’s request for a stay and schedule a hearing for December 11. 3:00 PM -4:00 PM EST.
* December 11, 2000 — “CNN Morning News.” The U.S. Supreme Court hears Bush v. Gore. 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM EST.
The playlist for 2000 presidential election coverage is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvkqpcI_0X8&list=PLuo7R7EWFwyvA5PPt_mDn18w9xztuPP0t.