Biden Administration to launch second installment of Investing in America tour coinciding with the Fourth of July Congressional Recess
On Monday, June 26, President Biden will kick off a second round of the Biden-Harris Administration’s Investing in America tour with a major infrastructure funding announcement at the White House. Over the course of three weeks, President Biden, Vice President Harris, First Lady Jill Biden, Cabinet members, and Senior Administration Officials will barnstorm across the country to highlight how President Biden’s Investing in America agenda is driving a manufacturing and clean energy boom, rebuilding America’s infrastructure, lowering costs, and creating good-paying jobs. The three-week tour will run from June 26 through July 15, overlapping with the two-week Congressional Recess around Independence Day.
During the tour, President Biden and leaders across the Administration will travel directly to communities benefitting from President Biden’s Investing in America agenda. This includes communities seeing new manufacturing and clean energy investments spurred by the Inflation Reduction Act and CHIPS and Science Act, new infrastructure projects funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, small businesses and families saving money on high-speed internet as a result of the American Rescue Plan, and more. While Congressional Republicans try to repeal key provisions of the Investing in America agenda that are lowering costs for millions of Americans and revitalizing American manufacturing, President Biden and leaders across the Administration will highlight how the President’s Investing in America agenda is creating jobs and opportunity in every corner of the country.
Earlier this month, the White House launched a new website, Invest.gov, where Americans can see the historic levels of public and private sector investments going to their communities, spurred by President Biden’s Investing in America agenda.
A few highlights of the upcoming Investing in America tour include:
- President Biden will make a major infrastructure announcement at the White House on Monday, June 26.
- Vice President Harris will highlight the Administration’s historic investments in small businesses, environmental justice communities, and Tribal and Native communities through travel and other engagements.
- First Lady Jill Biden will continue to highlight how career-connected learning and workforce training programs are critical to preparing high school and community college students for good-paying jobs created by the President’s Investing in America agenda.
- Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland will travel to Hawai‘i to spotlight how investments from the Investing in America agenda are benefitting island communities, and later in the tour will travel to Burlington, Vermont to see how resources from the Inflation Reduction Act will strengthen wildfire resilience and Albany, New York to highlight how the President’s Investing in America agenda is driving progress in offshore wind development, and is strengthening the union workforce and American manufacturing.
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack will travel to Michigan and Iowa to highlight efforts by the Biden Administration to improve access to nutritious foods, lower costs for consumers, and create more markets for farmers and producers.
- Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo will travel to Minnesota and Rhode Island to tout investments from the Biden-Harris Administration to deliver high-speed internet to every American and from the CHIPS and Science Act to invest in our supply chains, bolster domestic manufacturing and create jobs across the country.
- Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra will travel to Ohio, Michigan, and New York to highlight how the Inflation Reduction Act is lowering health care costs for millions of seniors and American families. During the visits, Secretary Becerra will also underscore the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to protecting cost-saving provisions of the law that Congressional Republicans are trying to strip away in favor of tax breaks for corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
- Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg will travel to Washington to highlight infrastructure investments that will improve transportation and help people get around more safely and efficiently. During the tour, the Department of Transportation will also announce new funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to improve roads, bridges, and other essential infrastructure across the country.
- Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm will participate in the “People Powered: Summer Road Trip Brought to You by President Biden’s Investing in America Agenda,” where she will travel across four states in an electric vehicle, highlighting private and public sector investments in batteries, electric vehicle chargers and supply chains, clean energy technologies, and more. During this electrified road trip, Secretary Granholm will travel through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee, and will highlight new and existing efforts from the Biden-Harris Administration to build a clean energy economy, create clean energy jobs and cut costs for all Americans.
- Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona will travel to New York and Pennsylvania to showcase education and training programs that are preparing American students and workers for advanced manufacturing jobs created by the Investing in America agenda. Last month, the White House launched a “workforce sprint” focused specifically on the advanced manufacturing sector to ensure American workers have the skills and training needed to fill advanced manufacturing jobs in innovative industries such as semiconductors, clean energy, biomanufacturing, infrastructure, and more.
- Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Michael Regan will travel to Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Louisiana to highlight how President Biden’s Investing in America agenda is delivering environmental and economic benefits for all. During the tour, Administrator Regan will announce new resources to combat climate change and build a clean energy economy, made possible by the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Senior Advisor and American Rescue Plan Coordinator Gene Sperling will travel to Detroit, Michigan to celebrate the reopening of Roosevelt Park, made possible by President Biden’s American Rescue Plan.
- Senior Advisor and Infrastructure Implementation Coordinator Mitch Landrieu will travel to New Mexico and Texas, as well as states across the Southeast, to highlight infrastructure projects funded by President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
- Senior Advisor for Clean Energy Innovation and Implementation John Podesta will attend a ribbon cutting in South Carolina for a clean energy manufacturing investment project, mobilized by the Inflation Reduction Act. Deputy Secretary of Energy David Turk will also be attending a ribbon cutting for the largest wind farm in Arizona, and will highlight how the Inflation Reduction Act has accelerate growth in renewable energy industries across the country.
Over the course of three weeks, the Investing in America tour will visit over twenty states, including: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawai’i, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Vermont, and more.
The post President<span class="dewidow"> </span>Biden to Lead Investing in America Blitz Highlighting Investments, Jobs, and Manufacturing Boom Driven by Biden Economic<span class="dewidow"> </span>Agenda appeared first on The White House.